Updated 18th June 2018
If you have a problem, we can help. We aim to offer you the best possible service, but there may be occasions when you feel you have cause for a formal complaint. If so, we will always aim to resolve the problem quickly and to your satisfaction. If you are unhappy with our response, you can take your complaint further through our formal complaints procedure.
Our staff will attempt to resolve complaints as soon as is reasonably practicable. We promise to acknowledge the complaint within 5 full working days of receipt of the complaint and to endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible. If we are unable to do so within 4 weeks, we will write with an explanation of the reasons why and the further action we will take.
Often the people you first raise the matter with are able to help, but there may be occasions when a more senior person needs to be involved. If you don’t know who to contact, you can:
- Telephone Customer Services on 01651 873838
- Make contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Little Square, Oldmeldrum, Aberdeenshire AB51 0AY
- Post a comment on our website
Our lines are open between 9:30am and 4:00pm Monday to Thursday and on Friday from 9:30am until 1.00pm. We will then arrange for the right person to look into and respond to your concerns.
Our Three Stage Formal Complaints Procedure is in full below:
- Please write to your development Property Manager who will aim to resolve your concerns within 5 working days. Sometimes it may take longer to look into the matter fully. If this happens, we will let you know within 5 working days when a reply will be issued and the reason for the delay.
- In the unlikely event that you remain unhappy with the response from your Property Manager, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the Operations Director for further review. The Operations Director will acknowledge to you that your complaint is being reviewed within 5 working days of the matter being referred to them. The Operations Director will aim to resolve the matter within 4 weeks. If the issue you have raised is complex or our proposed response to you is dependent upon information that PMC is waiting for they will write and advise of this delay and provide an anticipated response date.
- Upon receipt of the final response from our Operations Director should your concerns remain unresolved to your satisfaction you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the Managing Director for further review.
The Managing Director will acknowledge to you that your complaint is being reviewed within 5 working days of the matter being referred to them. The Managing Director will aim to resolve the matter within 4 weeks. If the issue you have raised is complex or our proposed response to you is dependent upon information that PMC is waiting for they will write and advise of this delay and provide an anticipated response date.
At every stage a complaint will be reviewed for progress every 14 days and a report on progress sent to the complainer. All complaints will be dealt with within a reasonable timescale having regard to the nature of the complaint, the circumstances of same and the complexity and difficulty of the work required to effect a resolution of the complaint issues.
Should you still be dissatisfied with the response, you will have fully exhausted the PMC Three Stage Complaints Procedure and you may refer your complaint to:
First-tier Tribunal for Scotland
Housing and Property Chamber, Glasgow Tribunals Centre, 20 York Street, Glasgow G2 8GT
The Property Management Company fully supports and is a licensed member of the Scottish Governments Property Factors Act redress scheme. Following our complaints procedure does not affect your legal rights.
The Property Management Company is a registered member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and, if, prior to First Tier Tribunal involvement, you wish, your complaint can be referred to a Third Party Dispute Resolution Scheme, approved by the RICS.
Further information can be found in the Key Factor Booklet
Should you have a Complaint involving or concerning a Contractor, it should be referred initially to the development Property Manager. The Complaint will be dealt with in accordance with the timescale and procedure set down at 1, 2 and 3 above.